We’re recruiting…. New Junior Developer
Our in-house developed software continues to grow. New systems, big and small, come into existence all the time. So we’re now looking to expand our IT team.
Most new projects are within AWS and familiarity with that platform would be advantageous. You will be part of a small team focusing on our work within AWS.
Our existing systems are primarily written in Ruby on Rails or plain Ruby with PostgreSQL, so the emphasis is on backend APIs and feeds more than shiny front ends, although GUIs for internal use will be built using a fairly standardised set of libraries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing code for new features, and projects.
- Fixing bugs, or adding new features into existing projects.
- Designing and building new infrastructure within AWS.
- Maintaining and monitoring existing AWS infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised whilst following instructions.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Demonstrable experience of using a dynamic language such as Ruby.
- RDBMS experience (such as MySQL or PostgreSQL).
- Some experience with the Linux and/or Mac OS command line.
- Experience using a source control system such as Git.
- Familiarity with unit testing or functional testing frameworks.
An interest in sport would be highly advantageous. A good understanding of sports betting would also be beneficial.
Salary from £25 to 35k depending on experience. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com